Functional Training Exercises
Functional training primarily involves compound movement exercise to strengthen muscles and joints for our everyday activities.
It is very important to understand that, we need to train for life and not for events. This fitness cum weight loss program is a bridge between personal training and physical therapy.
How we benefit from functional training exercises :
1. Strengthen muscles – The target of functional training exercises is to strengthen various muscle groups of our body. When our muscles are strong, it improves the overall physical stability and thus helps us to perform daily activities with minimum risks and greater ease.
2. Brings in balance and coordination – Functional training include various exercises like single leg balance exercises, lunges, step-ups etc all of which trains our body to balance and coordinate and thereby create a synergy within our body.
3. Good posture – We all fall prey to bad postures through our day to day activities. People with desk bound jobs often suffer with spinal issues. Functional fitness exercises are a solution to such bad posture problems.
4. Core strength and stability – Functional training exercises like crunches helps to strengthen our core and in turn betters our spine too.
5. Power – Functional fitness focus on both upper and lower body. Multiple reps of exercises like push-ups, squats, bur pees helps to develop total body strength and power. This further helps us to move quickly in real life activities.
6. Reduces joint pains – Functional training helps the body to get back to basics i.e back to the form it is designed to move and perform. These exercises are very beneficial for chronic joint pains in back, neck or knee.
So, the idea is to stay fit year-round. Personal trainers teach these functional exercises which helps to train the muscles and prepare them to perform daily tasks proficiently. So get in touch with the right weight loss trainer or bodybuilding trainer and get more functionally fit!
You may also like
9 Most Effective Weight Loss Tips For Singapore Residents
Are you in Singapore and struggling to lose weight? Follow these most effective weight loss tips that works for the Singapore climate..
What to expect from a personal training program
Are you about to starting a personal training program? Learn what to expect throughout the journey to fitness starting from the first training session..
Group Fitness Classes - The New Saga
Many a times, it gets difficult to motivate ourselves to hit the gym. Group fitness classes help in such situations by giving us that extra push..
Benefits of BodyCombat workout you need to know!
Running is one of the most effective cardio exercises but not always enjoyed by everyone. An alternative to this is a BodyCombat workout routine..
Cheapest Gym in Singapore
Along with personal training you may also be looking for an affordable gym that doesn't hurt your wallet. With the rising number of gyms in..
Why you should understand functional training
In the first place, it is very important to understand that, we need to train for life and not for events. Functional training primarily involves..
Zumba Classes in Singapore - The Trending Fitness Mantra!
Zumba is one of the most popular exercises in the form of Latin dance which was introduced by Zumba organization. There has been a steady increase..
Pilates Reformer | Everything you need to know!
The equipment Pilates Reformer was developed by creator of Pilates, Joseph Pilates. This workout equipment looks like a bed with a flat carriage..
Personal Trainer for Elderly in Singapore
Senior citizens need special attention to health-related limitations before being put on a workout plan. That is why, it is important to get a..
TRX Exercises | The TRX Suspension Trainer
The TRX Suspension Trainer is perhaps on the best workout system. The best thing is that this TRX can be used by people at all fitness levels as..
Low Intensity Interval Training – The new HIIT
Low Intensity Interval Training (LIIT) VS High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). This is a learning lesson in our day-to-day practical life..
Importance of Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
BMR is the amount of calorie your body burns in a day with doing nothing. Do not confuse BMR with BMI (Body Mass Index), they are completely different..
Low Reps vs High Reps! Which is good?
When it comes to work out and fitness, often it is found that people are in a dilemma as to whether to go for lower reps or higher reps..
5 Most Common Personal Trainer Certifications
Personal training certifications are important to be a successful personal trainer. Here is a list of common certifications that are..
Benefits we get from a Personal Trainer
Many of us, even though we want to work out and loose those extra kilos, often we find ourselves laid back and move it to the next day..